Skip to main content

Camping in the rain anyone?

I've been really worried about the weather patterns lately around Gauteng and the surrounding areas. Let's just say if betting on sunny weather would have been a criteria for winning the Lotto, we all would have been caged-up with our hands chained to the ground waiting for the warlord of the dark nymphs to cast a curse on us (i've been watching too many movies). Anyway, moving on...


 The church has planned a camping trip for this weekend and it gotten everyone excited. I must be honest, I'm excited myself but not so with the weather. I decided to put my six senses to rest and check the forecast weather for this weekend. And guess what... RAIN! And not just, as the weatherman puts it, 20 or 30 percent chance, but full on thunderstorms and low temperature! Last time i checked, the only reason someone would deny himself his comfort and warmth was for the cause of following Christ! Camping in the rain is definitely not part of that list. I mean who in their right minds camps in cold wet weather BY CHOICE! (I'm already struggling just thinking about it). On top of that, there's two things black people don't like: Cold weather and Water. Case closed.

I think I need to start doing some serious prayers to prepare my heart for a potentially rough weekend ahead...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!