Skip to main content

Unconditional Compassion

The last few days have been particularly challenging for me and my wife Lerato. Having someone around whose prone to serious lung problem is very difficult for me to relate. The fact that I don't (not yet) get sick so often makes it even harder to accept that Lerato's condition is here to stay. In my mind, i associated it with her not being able to 'toughen up' and I'm the perfect guy to help her to it. But I'm slowly beginning to realise that even Jesus could have taken the same stand with our continuous inability to look beyond what we see and feel. And if he did none of us will even be remotely close to receiving salvation. Unconditional compassion requires me to hope for someone to improve their physical state without ever judging the pace at which they strive to get there. Easier said than done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!