Skip to main content

The life of knowledge


For this whole week (including the remainder days) i've been attending a course that should (theoretically) improve our productivity in the workplace.But the underlying question is always whether the boss had put any small ounce of brain power to figure out what kind of 'course' will be required to achieve such a grand goal. In my few last years of working (i'm speaking with 'extensive experience' tone now) i've realised that the boss tend to misguide the employees in thinking that a life of knowledge will eventually lead to a life of "milk and honey". But is that really true?

I've seen a gardener become wealthy (in money and otherwise) faster than a postgraduate student could spell salary bonus. What's my point? Having battled away in pursuing 'evergreen' education through completing my Master's degree, I get the evermore the resounding feeling that this is all 'chasing after the wind': It adds nothing and certainly takes nothing away except time and money. For true knowledge, that deeply satisfies, can only truly come from realising that...

'life is but a passing glance and
    seek him while you have a chance
we are made of not but clay
    until see him on that great day...'

Societies has a continuous lust of knowledge, acquired through (so it seems) through education, degrees, diploma, certificates and on. It has become common 'knowledge' that it's IMPOSSIBLE to provide for your children without having a backbone of knowledge by your side.

The pursuit to be one with God; the desire to grow old with him and contentment that comes with "what he provides is what you will be content with", is of higher 'carrat' value than the most expensive diamond or the most coveted honour available. For Jesus himself said, "what good is it for a man to gain the whole world and loose his very self?". In that, there's no fault...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!