Skip to main content

War of Tablet - Part 2 - iPad 2 vs. Android

So I decided to carry on doing some digging (and in response to John), and I stumbled upon this article  iPad 2 vs. Android: And the winner is... - Computerworld Blogs: and it got me really thinking. Although the Ipad is an incredibly simple piece of machinery, the only serious issue i have (i mean really serious), is the user's inability to configure it whatsoever outside the constraints of its proprietary software iTunes.

That really ticks me off especially because i own a XPERIA Neo and the best thing about this device is its inherent ability to be modified to any user-defined configuration (albeit the lack of RAM). Now having the foreknowledge that I can't do the same with the Apple tablet (which I would think is the platform to offer such services) makes me cringe in the knowledge that I'm playing an open-handed "GO TO JAIL" card willingly...

So my verdict (based on these new findings): The ipad 2 ( or 3) is great piece of machine constrained by manufacturer ego to have its customer being "dictated" which software to use. In the age of open source software, that's a cardinal sin. So its the Android tablet (honeycomb and above) winning hands down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!