Skip to main content

Ask according to His will

I was doing my quiet time this morning and I stumbled upon a scripture that got me really thinking about my prayer life and whether it's in line with what God expects from me. One person described God as a Microwave. We only use him when we need something done (like quickly defrost meat). So the question is? Do you even know what to pray for?

Phil 4:6 says we must present our requests to God. But what requests are those? Do we even have faith that accompanies that request? How can we have faith if we haven't heard the message that is in his word? It is quite clear that our prayer life needs to be based on the faith in God's power, built from the teachings of the Prophets and the apostles. Only then will our prayer life be truly according to his will.

For our Lord God is faithful even when we're faithless (2Tim 2). We are urged to strive for holiness and perfection (Mat 5). We are required to the place our minds on things that are pure and praiseworthy, noble and righteous and so much more. May we all grow in prayer life in order to truly understand what God's will for our lives is, His good and perfect will (Rom 12)

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!