Skip to main content

The perception of Wealth

I've been studying the bible on how God views wealth and how it often conflicts with our natural behavior. I mean it's quite clear that as people (and mostly Christians) have not attained (or fail to pursue) the spiritual maturity when it comes to the true meaning of wealth (which obviously includes social status, money and possessions). Something really touched me in the book of James 1:

9 Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position. 10 But the rich should take pride in their humiliation—since they will pass away like a wild flower. 11 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business.

The amazing thing about this verse is that Rich people DON'T LIKE to be HUMILIATED. In fact, it can be said that the very money that you chase after is so that you're not humiliated or vulnerable. Nobody who has enough money for a new pair shoes will think twice about replacing his pair that started to "smile" at people everytime he walked around.

So the question is: can you pursue wealth in order to give it all up?
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!