Skip to main content

Four Days of Rest

When the Lord said that the Sabbath was a day of rest, there's a lot of wisdom in that. In today's society, we are compelled to be busy because otherwise we feel that we're not fulfilling our God-given talents.


But one of God's given commands (which indirectly satisfies in-part our purpose) is to TO REST.
It's weird to think that, from time to time, God wants us to do NOTHING.

I know for me it's a foreign concept as I have this urge to always achieve and know and do more. I'm hardly satisfied. I want to be the best at what I do and get the recognition for it. I don't want the feeling of being left behind and out of pace with people around (especially my peers).

But isn't that what the world has been feeding us through sensational media? There's a clear impetus to MAKE YOUR MARK in the world. I often have the desire to want to be known and read about. More and more younger men and women are in the spotlight and earn insane amount of money. Getting ahead younger is portrayed as the ultimate goal. There's no time to lorry around. Make money and it fast.

In many ways that one, we've all fallen into this trap. And yet the opposite is also disturbing. The decision to exclude yourself from society and it's norms and immerse yourself in a state of NON-ACTION by joining groups such Monks, Hippies, Amish, I believe is not the solution.

The tricky part of any chemical solution, is to find a balancing point. A path where we exercise our God-given talents while being able to not be consumed by them. The desire to say NO to excessive behaviour and YES TO REST.

It's an ideology that's worth mastering and passing on to the next generation.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!