Skip to main content

The Little Town Called: Arniston

It was a great time being away from Jo'burg albeit without my lovely wife. I must say I wasn't too sure what to make of whole week away from her but it's amazing how God works things out. The little gem of a town is called Arniston: Population is over 1000 people with the majority living in fishing houses. No banks, No Shopping malls AND NO NOISE!!!!

The olden style of the houses reminded me a lot of Falconara Marittima and made me a bit home sick of a place I hold dear in my heart. We ate at the Arniston Hotel, the food was great and the service excellent. For the first time I had the Red Roman fish which is indigenous to South Africa. What a privilege!

In the evenings I will have dinner surrounded by the whistling sound of the ocean and nothing but a dark abyss. I would walk back to the guest house in pitch dark streets and have no worry in the world.

A truly memorable experience. #somemoreplease


Arniston beach front (Wikipedia)


The Arniston Hotel


Guest house where we stayed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life and It's Lemons - update

Awesome #camping. The great #outdoor #country #goodliving #instaphoto #life2full I must say we're a bit rusty as I almost forgot the tent and forgot to bring a long enough extension cord. My lovely wife @kantue packed cheese but only brought a plastic butter knife. #letthegoodtimesroll via Instagram http://ift.tt/1AzRUNf

Added a FIFA Brazil Widget to my blog

So after an enthralling UEFA Champions League Final, it's on to Brazil for the ultimate showpiece. I must say that my wife and I had plans to go to Brazil albeit financial constraints that kept us at bay. In any case, I decided to add a widget to the blog showing off and passion for the event and the game itself. Let me know what you think of it. Enjoy!